A. CONTEST MECHANICS
1. The contest is open to all LOCALS who are at least 18 years old as of September 1, 2013. Hobbyist/ amateurs and professional photographers.
2. The photos must capture or showcase the different people, traditions, culture, events and happening, landmarks and product of the province of Benguet.
3. All photos must be taken within the Province of Benguet only.
4. Entries must be original and RECENT (photos taken from January1, 2013 to present); they should not be submitted to any other competition owned by other entity, and they should not be subject to any copyright issues.
5. Entries should not reference any person, group, or organization without their consent. By submitting entries, participants guarantee that all necessary permissions were acquired.
6. Entries should not bear watermarks, signatures, frames or other markings, e.g. date/time stamps, etc.
7. Digital manipulation and compositing is not allowed, except for basic post-processing enhancements such as contrast, color balance, sharpening, cropping, dodging, and burning adjustments.
8. Each participant may submit up to three (3) entries. These entries must be submitted in digital format (.jpeg or .jpg) on or before 5PM of (Philippines Standard Time) November 15, 2013. Entries should be placed in CD or USB drives, in landscape or portrait format. With accompanying 5R (5X7) print (Entries should not bear watermarks, signatures, frames or other markings, e.g. date/time stamps, etc.- to be used for judging purposes only to avoid biases) and 8R (8X12) print ( watermarks and signatures are allowed)
9. Each entry must be not smaller than three (3) Mb and not larger than ten (10) Mb, the minimum allowed resolution is 300 dpi.
10. Entries must be submitted along with the completed registration form, which is available at the submission location. Each entry should have an English title and a two (2) to five (5) sentence description in English of what is in the frame and how it is relevant to the contest theme.
11. Registration Fee: Php 500.00 per entry.
12. Entries can be submitted:
a. Baguio City – Rm. 214, 2nd Floor, Juniper Building (formerly Bombay Bazaar), General Luna, Road, Baguio City
B. SELECTION OF WINNING ENTRIES
1. Ten (10) winners will be selected by the panel of independent judges.
2. Ten (10) winners will be announced during the Awarding Ceremony in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines – the date and venue to be confirmed. The winners will be invited to the Awarding Ceremony via the contact details provided in the registration form. The organizers will not cover travel and/or accommodation costs of the winners attending the Awarding Ceremony.
3. The winners in will be awarded with the following prizes:
First Prize: PhP 15,000.00 and Certificate
Second Prize: PhP 10,000.00 and Certificate
Third Prize: Php 5,000.00 and Certificate
Fourth Prize: PhP 3,000.00 and Certificate
Fifth Prize: PhP 2,000.00 and Certificate
5 Consolation Prizes: PhP 1,000.00 and Certificate
4. The organizers reserve the right to introduce special awards and prizes, or otherwise recognize photographs not included into the top five (5).
C. CLAIMING OF PRIZES
1. During the Awarding Ceremony the winners have to submit the following for verification:
• A valid government issued ID containing the full name and the photo of the winner
• A copy of the acknowledge receipt during registration received from the organizers.
2. If a winner is unable to claim the prize during the Awarding Ceremony, he/she can claim it personally from the office of PAVEMENT PRODUCTION AND EVENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES until December 20, 2013. Alternatively, the prize may be claimed by the proxy attending the Awarding Ceremony, upon submission of the above requirements and power of attorney.
Terms and Conditions of the Photo Competition
By submitting their entries, participants agree to fully comply with the above Mechanics and Terms and Conditions of the photo Competition, organized by PAVEMENT PRODUCTION AND EVENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES:
1. ENTRANTS RETAIN OWNERSHIP AND ALL OTHER RIGHTS TO FUTURE USE OF THEIR PHOTOGRAPHS. At the same time, participation in the competition and submission of photographs grants organizers a royalty-free and unlimited in time right to use photographs and your name in organizers print and digital collateral, exhibitions, events, and other public venues.
2. A signed declaration expressly accepts the rules and conditions of the contest, ensuring that the work is not pending the decision of any other award and that the author or authors have, directly or indirectly, the free provision of all rights of exploitation in its various forms in his/her work. Shall also include in this statement that the work presented is new and has not been published, presented or disseminated locally, national and international.
3. The organizers are not responsible or does not have obligation for reimbursement of subsidies and expenses incurred
4. The organizers have sole and absolute discretion to determine which submission entries, if any, merit an award. The organizers reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, extend or reduce the terms and conditions of, the competition and/or Awarding Ceremony without prior notice.
5. The organizers further reserve the right to nullify and/or cancel any part or all of the competition if it appears that any fraud or malfunctions have occurred in any form whatsoever. Each participant undertakes to indemnify and keep organizers harmless from and against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred by or asserted against the organizers as a result of such participant’s participation in the competition.
For enquiries, fill out the form below: